There's nothing worse than doing a load of laundry only to find that you have to rewash some of those stubborn-stained items again. It could be your washing machine is not getting the job done or it could be you are using the wrong detergent. Read on to find out the top three detergents for standard and high-efficiency washers and the worst three laundry detergents on the market.
For High efficiency washers, the following ranked in the top three in the Consumer Reports' annual laundry detergent study:
1. Tide Ultra Plus Bleach Vivid White + Bright, powder
2. Wisk Deep Clean Free & Pure, liquid
3. Kirkland Signature Ultra Clean Pacs (Costco), pods/packs
For standard washers these three detergents came out on top:
1. Wisk Deep Clean, liquid
2. Tide Plus Bleach Alternative Vivid White + Bright, liquid
3. Tide for Cold Water, liquid
The detergents were tested for their performance in areas such as general cleaning and the ability to remove grass, blood and collar rings.
The bottom three detergents that did not perform well in cleaning were:
1. Martha Stewart Clean 2X was its lowest-rated detergent
2. All 2X Ultra Stainlifter
3. Basics 2X Concentrated
Where does your detergent fall on the list? Did it even make the cut?